Awesome approach to company creativity
I’m freelancing at a pharmaceutical advertising agency right now. No doubt some of you are moaning and groaning about any of those words I just wrote. Not bad in this case! They’re doing some awesome things here that I wish more offices would adapt. And it’s got me wondering about what you’ve got going on in your offices to foster creativity and office bonding.
What they got:
- Insanely discounted awesome gym memberships – everyone goes. lots of talk of running
- Dogs walking around. I’m friendlier with Riley than the German Sheppard (and when one pees, various people go help clean it up)
- Fun collection of mugs – you can be wonder woman, Jeckyll or Hyde, etc.
- Cupcake Tuesdays – and everyone is encouraged to bring a new person each week
- Casual dress code
- Laid back attitude (yeah it’s summer), but it’s ok to admit you’d rather be watching the world cup than be at work
- Lots of smiles – smiles in a corporate culture = happier peeps
Impact? They’ve won shitloads of awards. Seems that giving people space to be themselves = better work.
What have you come across that you’ve liked?